Hi! I’m Mike, an editor, writer and podcast creator based in London, UK.
For eight years (2013-2020) I shaped and led The Marketing Society’s editorial, digital and content strategy, working with marketers (CMOs, marketing directors, CEOs, authors, heads of strategy) to produce culturally relevant content (podcasts, articles) that resonates with business leaders worldwide. In early 2021 I went freelance, and began working for various clients on editorial, content and podcasts.
I’m currently Executive Editor at MediaCat Magazine, an online publication which explores marketing and media change, and looks at brands, marketing, media, culture and people.
On the side I’m a screenwriter, spoken word poet, film and TV blogger and music critic. I also once came second in a Creative Review competition to rewrite Trainspotting’s famous ‘choose life’ speech.
Achievements and things of interest
- Podcast channel I created for The Marketing Society
- Bi-monthly thought leadership publication Empower, which I created and launched
- I also launched a professional development site, and relaunched the main website and awards website for The Marketing Society
- Marketing Society profile (and a few articles I’ve written). I have a blog about film and TV and review music for website, The Indie Scene
- Find me on The Dots (I’m a mentor there) and LinkedIn
- I also once came second in a Creative Review competition to rewrite Trainspotting’s famous ‘choose life’ speech. Here’s what I wrote
- And if you’re into spoken word feel free to check out my rappy poems
Nice things people have said
Michael is a great supporter of writers and a talented writer himself. From the moment he first contacted me to write for The Marketing Society, to everything he’s published he’s been a great support, encouraged me to be brave and put my message out. His work in outreach and editing has resulted in an eclectic and inspiring assembly of articles and writers with a wide range of perspectives on our industry. He’s also just an all round great guy to know.Elle McCarthy, Vice President, Brand at Electronic Arts
I worked with Michael on an episode of a podcast he produced and enjoyed every minute. He’s a personable host and really good at keeping the logistics of recording simple – and the result was great!Dom Dwight, Marketing Director at Taylor’s of Harrogate
I’ve written various pieces for The Marketing Society and Michael has always been really positive and enthusiastic in helping shape and choose themes. He clearly has a real passion for great content, making connections and encouraging people to share knowledge and perspectives.Jo Wallace, Creative Director at Wunderman Thompson and Founder of Good Girls Eat Dinner